Goat meat is one of the ingredients that is quite difficult to process, especially for those who can’t stand the aroma. But did you know that if cooked properly, mutton can taste really good?
One of the most popular types of dishes made from goat meat is gulai kambing. Its distinctive flavor and strong aromatic flavor can arouse your taste bud.
Among the various types of gulai kambing, Javanese lamb curry is as popular as the other goat meat based dishes. To make it, you need spices such as cardamom, cloves, galangal, cinnamon and orange leaves. Let’s take a peek at the complete recipe below:
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 60 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 500 grams of goat ribs
- 250 grams of mutton
- 250 grams of goat intestine
- 500 ml thick coconut milk
- 1 liter thin coconut milk
- 5 red cayenne peppers
- 5 cm cinnamon
- 3 cloves
- 1 star anise
- 3 cm galangal
- 6 orange leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 15 cloves of shallot
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 8 toasted pecans
- 2 cm turmeric
- 3 cardamom
- 2 teaspoons of fine coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cm ginger
- Cut the meat and goat innards. Set aside.
- Boil thin coconut milk in a saucepan, then add ribs, meat and goat innards. Stir well.
- Add cinnamon, star anise, cloves, bay leaves, orange leaves and galangal. Mix well and cook until the meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, saute shallots, garlic, candlenut, turmeric, cardamom, coriander, cumin and ginger until fragrant and cooked. Add the stir-fry to the pan of meat stew. Season with sugar and salt. Stir well.
- Add thick coconut milk and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil over low heat. Cook until the sauce is slightly evaporated and the spices seep into the meat. Adjust the taste. Lift.
- Gulai kambing is ready to serve.
There are some clever tricks that you can cheat on to make lamb curry more easily. First, do not wash goat meat because it can cause the smell of the goat will only get stronger when cooked. Second, when using a pressure cooker the cooking time can be shorter. The trick is boil ribs, innards, and goat meat using a pressure cooker for 10-15 minutes after the hissing sound.